Mobile SEO: Improve Google ranking - attract more customers
Search queries on mobile devices have long since eclipsed traditional desktop searches. A fact that smart people should quickly take advantage of. Since April 2015, web presences that are not classified as mobile-friendly by Google have received a lower ranking in the mobile SERPs. In addition, mobile-friendly websites (keyword Responsive Design) are also part of the contemporary quality standard of websites for users. More importantly, mobile-optimized websites are also pushed by Google in the desktop ranking and thus end up in the top positions of the organic search results.
What is Mobile SEO?
Mobile search engine optimization, also called mobile SEO or mSEO, is the technical term for all measures aimed at user-friendly presentations of websites and their content on mobile devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.). A cornerstone of mobile SEO is also mobile marketing, which aims to achieve a better Google ranking in mobile search results.
It is important to know: Mobile users display different search behavior than desktop users. For example, local search queries (90%) predominate in Google searches with mobile devices. But the display also varies and the displayed content must be adapted accordingly. Just as with classic Google optimization, certain measures such as OnPage optimization and the design of sophisticated online marketing strategies are therefore necessary. In short, nowadays any good SEO for Google also includes mobile friendly website optimization.
Improve Google ranking
Optimize websites for mobile devices with Metamove
Website optimization for mobile devices is no child’s play. Rather, a variety of different and interlocking factors must be considered in mobile SEO for Google, which requires in-depth knowledge in search engine optimization and content management. The web experts at Metamove have been advising and supporting large, medium-sized and small companies in web design, programming and online marketing for over 17 years. For us only individual solutions count, which are exactly adapted to the situation and profile of our customer.
Do you need assistance or guidance with the alignment of your website to a Responsive Design or the creation of a mobile friendly website? Then you’ve come to the right place! You can reach us during regular office hours by calling +49 (0)89/680 980 57 or via contact form.
SEO tips for mobile optimization
The main differences between SEO and Mobile SEO
- The search intention: As a rule, users of mobile devices have a different intention than people who Google for specific info or services on the desktop. This can be justified by the situation alone, because if a mobile device is used for searching, the user usually needs quick and easy info. This is also the reason why Local SEO plays a supporting role, especially in mobile search engine optimization.
- The loading time: No question, good website loading times are important for success on stationary computers. After all, the longer the user has to wait for the content to be displayed, the more likely he is to turn away from the visited website. Mobile devices have even less computing power, so here a fast loading time is even more crucial.
- The presentation: Since there is little space on the displays of mobile devices, the presentation must be adapted accordingly and unnecessary elements must be dispensed with in favor of clarity. The layout of web presences for mobile devices therefore differs.
- The content: Mobile devices are subject to certain limitations in terms of performance and representations. For this reason, both texts, images and graphics should be compactly structured to facilitate the user’s search for specific info.
Mobile First – the mobile index replaces the desktop index
Mobile optimization as a ranking factor
This is what we offer for your mobile search engine optimization
- Development of a checklist for technical criteria of mobile SEO
- Analysis and research of relevant keywords for mobile search queries
- Creating unique content that is tailored to the exact needs of mobile users
- Testing mobile usability (ease of use)
- Optimizing load times
- Integration of Local SEO measures to improve Google rankings in the regional SERP’s
- Conception of a holistic online marketing strategy according to Google guidelines
- Analysis and evaluation of the competitors
The important role that mobile optimization of websites will play in the future was already emphasized by Google in mid-October 2016 at Pubcon in Las Vegas. Websites of companies that do not react now will very likely lose visibility. It doesn’t matter if the company gets its main revenue from websites that target desktop ads. This is because Google has chosen the mobile index as its main index: the search engine therefore no longer pays attention to whether an online page for the desktop also has a mobile version, but whether the latter also provides a desktop variant. As a result, mobile SEO and the mobile index are becoming considerably more important.
Basically, this step is not surprising, after all, more than 50% of search queries already come from mobile devices. And the trend is increasing. Mobile-optimized Internet presences are therefore a necessary search engine optimization measure for all those who want to continue to be successful on the Internet. In addition, companies with mobile-compatible websites score points with Google users for their professionalism and customer-friendliness.
Mobile-friendly websites have competitive advantages
Improve Google ranking now with SEO for mobile devices!
Hand on heart: Optimizing a website for smartphones or mobile devices is no child’s play and, from experience, cannot be mastered by laymen. Therefore, rely on the professional help of our Munich SEO agency! Whether you decide for a Responsive Design or a separate mobile website – we take care of your Google SEO optimization with a lot of tact and profound expertise!
Contact us at +49 (0)89 / 68 09 80 57 or via contact form to receive a no-obligation quote for Mobile SEO.